Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls How do I size docking windows to meet in middle of window?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18576 |

I’ve created a couple of ToolWindows, one that docks at the top of my window and the other that docks at the bottom of my windows.  So far this works great.  What I would like to do is size the two ToolWindows so that they meet at the midpoint vertically on the window.

What would be the proper way to do this?

NOTE: I also find that I manually can’t resize the ToolWindows to meet in the middle.  It always leaves a white gap.  I think this might be caused by the menu at the top that seems to mess up the window locations.  I’ll write that up as a separate question.

Thanks,

Mike

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mike (had 1653 views)

User (Old forums)

In looking at the PropertyExplorer sample app I see that it doesn’t use a panel to dock to.  Instead it passes null to DockLayoutManager which just docks to the form itself.  Using that approach I find the grids in the middle meet just exactly as I would expect.  I’m confused why docking to the form instead of a panel in the form would have such different results. I actually made this change to try to fix another problem I posted and found it helped here.

If this is some kind of setting to make this work within a panel I would still be interested in a response.

Thanks, Mike

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mike (had 482 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Mike,

The gap between the two is the ClientHost I presume. Setting the ClientHost to null on the DockLayoutManager should do the trick.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 2177 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.