Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms How can I freeze the groupbyrow when scrolling right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #14787 |

Hi!

I have a grid with a lot of columns and a groupbyrow. If I drag a few columns up onto the groupbyrow, and then scroll to the right, the groupbyrow is also scrolled to the right. This means that the groupings I made are no longer visible to the user.

I need to find a way to freeze the groupbyrow so that the grid can still be scrolled left/right, but the groupbyrow remains in place. Can you please help me?

Best Regards
    Kai

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kaison (had 4252 views)

User (Old forums)

This is not possible. However, the GroupManagerRow does not scroll, so the user always knows in which group he is located.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 280 views)

User (Old forums)

I’m not sure I understand. Lets say my first four columns are named “Subject1”, “Subject2”, “Subject3” and “Subject4”. The rest of the columns are called “Attribute1” – “Attribute30”. This means there are 34 columns in my grid.

If the user groups by two of the subject columns, by dragging for instance the “Subject2” and “Subject3” columns onto the GroupByRow this will be showed in the GroupByRow as two connected squares. This is very nice. But if the user now scrolls far to the right, these two “squares” in the GroupByRow will disappear from sight. I want them to remain so that there always is visual evidence of the current grouping even if the user scrolls to the right.

Is there any way to achieve this? You speak of the GroupManagerRow – am I missing some good way of accomplishing this using the GroupManagerRow instead of the GroupByRow??

Best Regards
    Kai

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kaison (had 387 views)

User (Old forums)

Normally, if you have designed your grid in the designer, when the user adds columns to the GroupByRow, the grid will create a GroupManagerRow for every group it has just created. These GroupManagerRow will contain information about the group (by default, ColumnTitle + GroupTitle + DataRowCount + item(s) ), and the text that it generates will not scroll.

Thus the user will always see in which group he is.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3720 views)

User (Old forums)

I agree that it would make more sense if the GroupByRow didn’t scroll when you scrolled right.  If the GroupManagerRows don’t scroll, the header row shouldn’t either.  Just wanted to see if this had changed.

If you’ve scrolled vertically between GroupManagerRows in the grid and can’t see one of those, and have scrolled right so you can’t see the left side of the GroupByRow, you don’t know what you’re grouped on, if anything.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mark (had 2139 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.