Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF How can I eliminate the column name label in group headers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #25893 |

I’ve been looking at GroupValueTemplate, but it doesn’t seem to give me the control I want, which is surprising, because all I want to do is elimnate the name of the column from the text.

If I’m grouping by State, I don’t want to see “State: New York”. I just want to see “New York”.

It will be obvious to the user what they’re looking at, but all these column labels clutter the interface.

is this possible?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Todd (had 2914 views)

Xceed Support

You can provide an implicit style targeting the Group type as demonstrated in the <a href=”http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedWpfDataGrid/Templating%20Elements.html”>Changing the group-header text example.</a>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 278 views)

User (Old forums)

Thank you. I”m getting closer. I had been using a different Xceed sample, which was formatting the actual data.

So, if I use the example you referred me to, I can format the first level group.

I want to format groups independantly. I tried adding a second data template of type group, giving it a different key. That didn’t work. Now the first template is no longer used. I can’t find anything on multiple templates/groups.

Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Todd (had 568 views)

User (Old forums)

In fact, as soon as I add an explicit key to the single template, it’s not used. I wonder if I somehow have to bind the individual groups to the template… and if there’s a default key that is used and thus when I change the template’s key the auto-binding doesn’t work?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Todd (had 4060 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.