Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Hi, help in master detial module

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #14739 |

Hi, My self I am vb.net programmer. I am using the evaluation version of the xceed grid 3.0 v
    I am working with the master detail grid format. I have set of rows in the parent grid. By taking the column as the key it should generate the child data which reside in the child table. Can i get it. if yes please help me. Let me explain some what clearly.
    I am taking orders from the client and store in the orders table with the primary key.
    each order may contail several products. and I store each product details of that client in another table called products. Now i need master detail table first it has to show all the customer details in parent grid. and when i click the client it should show the details of the products of that perticular customer.

Thanks and regards,
    Naresh

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Naresh (had 1976 views)

User (Old forums)

You need to establish a relationship in your DataSet, and set the DetailGrid DataSource property to that, and the master/detail grid will work fine.

To learn how to work with DataSet, and how to setup a relationship between two tables, consult the .NET framework help documentation. For example. search for the following topics :

“Populating a DataSet from a DataAdapter”
    “Adding a Relationship between Tables”

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2980 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.