Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Handling DataRow MouseDoubleClick Event

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #27155 |

I have a datagrid of elements that when i double click on one of the items i need to open a new window for that item. I was using the method described at the bottom of this post using a style setter and that was working great, however today I upgraded to the most recent DataGrid update (2.0.8211.13450) and now the behavior has changed…the event is still triggered correctly and the window pops up, however immediately after the window opens, control is restored to the parent window, thus hiding the pop up. Is this a bug? Can anyone suggest a way around this? Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 873 views)

Xceed Support

Hi John,

I am not aware of any changes that have been made that could cause the behavior you are reporting. Are you certain that this is related to the grid? If so, would it be possible for you to send a repro application to my attention to support@xceedsoft.com

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 433 views)

User (Old forums)

I’ve done some fairly thorough testing to isolate the issue the my grid update…i’m going to do a bit more testing and will whip up a small sample app and send it over.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 490 views)

Xceed Support

Hi John,

I received your repro and was able to reproduce the behvior you are reporting with it. I will check to see what may have changed that could have caused the new behavior.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 406 views)

Xceed Support

Hi John,

What I think used to happen was that e.Handled was set to true in the grid’s MouseDoubleClick event, which is not the desired behavior and (I assume) was removed. The 2.0.8211.13450 now reacts the same way as a Button or Textbox handling the MouseDoubleClick event.

That said, you have 2 options:

1- Set e.Handler to true
    2- Call ShowDialog rather than Show top show your second window.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 521 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Jenny,

Sorry for the delay, I was pulled off of this for a couple of days. Thanks for the response. You’re right, the ‘e.Handled=True’ fixed the issue, thanks for helping me get this sorted out!:)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 1397 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.