Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Grouping thrown off when sorting another column

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #23756 |

Hi,

First, thanks for an excellent datagrid that solves a significant lack in the WPF framework as released.

I’m having an issue with grouping and sorting. I have an XML file containing the 10-year USD Treasury bond rate as it stood in each month since January 1925. It’s a simple data set; there are only three headings: year, month and rate.

If I group by year and then click on the ‘Month’ column to sort by month, I’d expect it to maintain the year groupings and sort from 01 – 12 within each year. If I repeatedly click the ‘Month’ column I expect it to alternate sorting 01 – 12 and then 12 – 01.

What’s happening, though, is that it sorts the months properly but the year groups get thrown into what seems to be random order, starting as follows:

If I reverse-sort the months (again by clicking on the Months column), then the months sort as expected but the year order becomes:

I tried the KB but no results came up for “sort” or “sorting.” I also searched in the forum for issues related to “sorting” but couldn’t find anything on this, so I decided to post.

Thanks everyone,

Chuck McKinnon.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chuck (had 447 views)

Xceed Support

Grouping a by a column does not automatically sort by that column…

What you want to do is Group by Year, then Sort by Year, and add a second sort (Shift-Click) by Month.

That should do the trick.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 2663 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.