Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms GroupByRow in DetailGridTemplate: Error while trying to group rows

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #17617 |

Hello,

I have a GridControl with a DetailGridTemplate, and this template has a GroupByRow. In run-time I fill the GridControl with some DetailGrids, and each DetailGrid is filled with some DataRows. When I try to group the DataRows of any DetailGrid, I have the error described at the end of the post (please refer the stack trace below). Curiously, when I add the GroupByRow to the DetailGrids programatically (and not using the DetailGridTemplate), this erros does not occur and the DataRows are grouped correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestion on why this is happening? Thanks in advance for the help.

Stack trace:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Xceed.Grid.GridElementBase.DetachFromTemplate(GridElementBase origin, Boolean copyEvents, Hashtable clonedTemplateList, Boolean cloningTemplate)
       at Xceed.Grid.GroupBase.DetachFromTemplate(GridElementBase origin, Boolean copyEvents, Hashtable clonedTemplateList, Boolean cloningTemplate)
       at Xceed.Grid.GroupByRow.InsertGroupCore(DetailGrid detailGrid, Int32 index, String fieldname)
       at Xceed.Grid.GroupByRow.ManipulateGroup(DetailGrid detailGrid, Int32 groupIndex, Int32 insertAt)
       at Xceed.Grid.GroupByRow.PerformDrop()
       at Xceed.Grid.ColumnManagerRow.PerformDrop()
       at Xceed.Grid.ColumnManagerRow.dragObject_MouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
       at Xceed.Grid.GridElementBase.RaiseEvent(Object eventKey, EventArgs e)
       at Xceed.Grid.ColumnManagerCell.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Xceed.Grid.GridControl.DoMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at Xceed.Grid.GridControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at Xceed.Grid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Daniel (had 1306 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Daniel, 

Can you send us a sample application that demonstrates this issue so that we investigate this in more detail?

You can send it to support@xceed.com, please include a reference to this forum post in your email.  

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Michel [Xceed] (had 1399 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.