Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Group Footer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #22026 |

In the “old” xceed grid I had a group footer containing a valuerow with summary information on each group that I added on the ongroupadded event.
    every time a line was added to the grid I would loop through each group and recalculate subtotals and grand totals.
    I don’t want a group header only a footer.

How do you do this with the new WPF grid?
    XAML or C# does not matter to me.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by MiddleTommy (had 5294 views)

User (Old forums)

Unfortunately, v1.0 of the DataGrid for WPF does not support Group Footers. But rest assured that this feature is high on our list!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 308 views)

User (Old forums)

Is the WPF grid as flexible as the .NET grid in displaying unbound data with bound data?
    Meaning could I insert unbound rows with set values and different display templates to mimic a group footer?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by MiddleTommy (had 542 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes and no…

Yes, the WPF grid is flexible in that it will allow you to add anything to the [Fixed]Headers/Footers of the DataGrid.

But like I said previously, we currently do not support group headers and footers except for the GroupHeaderControl. But when we implement group headers and footers, you’ll be able to add anything to those sections.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 474 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes I got that.
    What I meant was adding an unbound row to the grids data and fill in the appropriate fields to have it group with the group and sort at the top or bottom?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by MiddleTommy (had 580 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes, you can manually add DataRows to the DataGridControl.Items collection. But this scenario is not fully supported in the current version: sorting and grouping will not work.

Another approach to adding unbound data to the grid is to add data objects to the Items collection. This allows you to fill the grid without providing an ItemsSource.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 650 views)

User (Old forums)

GroupHeaders and GroupFooters are now supported and have been added in the current release, you can obtain it <a href=”http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Trials.aspx”>here </a>

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 6054 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.