Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms GridSurfaceSeries & Shape Series

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #18709 |

Hi Again,
    I have some strange behaviour when using GridSurfaceSeries and ShapeSeries together:

If I add one shape (m_Shape.AddShape) per X axis column then the chart behaves as expected: I get the shape displaying correctly positioned in the GridSurfaceSeries column.

However if i try add more than one shape per GridSurfaceSeries X axis column I get inflated margins along X axis that go beyond the grids size. For example two small shapes per gridsurface column: the shapes and GridSurface display correctly(!) BUT the problem is that the margin inflates along the X axis to the right beyond the gridsurface bounds.

– I have set m_Shape.InflateMargins = false; but this appears to have no effect.
    – axisX1.ScaleMode = AxisScaleMode.Dimension;

I am trying to work around the above problem by setting ShapeSeries to display on the secondary X axis, hoping that this will not inflate the margind of the GridSurfaceSeries:
    m_Shape.DisplayOnAxis(StandardAxis.PrimaryX, false);
    m_Shape.DisplayOnAxis(StandardAxis.SecondaryX, true);

but I am having the problem that the secondary X axis is not “in sync” with the PrimaryX/GridSurface : so the shapes do not display in the correct position alinged with the grid. So a secondary question would be if it is possible/how to sync SecondaryX with the PrimaryX/GridSurfaceSeries?

Thanks,

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Keith (had 2207 views)

User (Old forums)

I have found the solution: Use multiple ShapeSeries.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Keith (had 3088 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.