Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms GridSurfaceSeries RemoveAt ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18699 |

Hello,
    The StretchMarginModeUC demonstrates (well!) “live” data by adding data to the front of the LineSeries DataSeries, while removing data from the end of the LineSeries if its larger than some maximum display value:
    m_Line1.Values.RemoveAt(0);
    m_Chart.Axis(StandardAxis.PrimaryX).Labels.RemoveAt(0);

I would be interested in the same effect but for GridSurfaceSeries, however I cannot see GridSurfaceSeries RemoveAt in the API manual? Is it possible to achive the same effect with grid surfaces?

If not, the alternative to get the same live data effect would be to redraw the grid cell by cell, which may be too slow/jerky for live data.

A related question: In the StretchMarginModeUC demo, the chart automatically resizes to show all the data. Can charts displaying GridSurfaceSeries do the same? What I guess I am implying is if the GridSurfaceSeries is a fixed width x height or whether its a combination of two LineSeries DataSeries types in a jagged array type structure.

Thanks!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Keith (had 2690 views)

User (Old forums)

Probably should add: I would need to use somthing like RemoveAt(0), for first whole column for the grid – not individual cells.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Keith (had 235 views)

User (Old forums)

No this is not possible with a GridSurfaceSeries chart.

For the second question, if margins are resized, the chart should adjust automatically to show all the data, whatever series your are using. Make sure the margin mode is fit or stretch.

i.e. :

Xceed.Chart.Core.Chart m_Chart = m_ChartControl.Charts[0];
    m_Chart.MarginMode = MarginMode.Stretch;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3579 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.