Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms GridSurface draw flat bug?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #18727 |

Hi,
    I am using the MeshSurface to plot a figure out of 3D points, x,y,z. The figure looks correct
    in 3D, but when I set the plot to draw flat so I can just look at the 2D contour, it gets all messed up. It looks like a mess of intersecting polygons. Is this because draw flat just drops the z value, because don’t you need to recalculate the mesh? Or am I doing something stupid and their is an easy way to fix this? Is there a better way to view the 2D contour? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

— Mark

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by buber88 (had 2005 views)

User (Old forums)

Of course, changing a MeshSurface form 3D to 2D will drop z values. However, it should still display correctly.

Have you looked at our Chart Sample Explorer, in which you can turn 3D MeshSurface to 2D? Do you get similar results?

You will find the sample explorer here : Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our components in action! -> Xceed Chart Explorer for .NET , then go to All Examples -> Chart types (Series) -> Mesh Surface.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3031 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.