Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Grid w/failing combobox editor (v3.9)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #17767 |

I have a winform containing a grid, 1 column
    contains an int value with a data generated collection that is editable as a
    combobox. If I edit anything in the grid through the UI in visual studio the
    combobox doesn’t render at runtime when I click/double-click on that cell. If I
    revert back to code prior to a modification everything is fine. It appears to
    rearrange some of the generated code in the designer file, and loses its mind.  I basically have to delete and rebuild the grid to restore normal functionality, but even then the grid eventually gets back to the state where I can no longer modify it in the designer.

Thanks,

Brian

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brian (had 859 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Brian,

We would need a small stand-alone test project that reproduces the issue in order to investigate further. Please send it to support@xceed.com and include a link to this forum thread for reference. Thank you.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 965 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello,

I have a bound grid and I would like the user to be able to edit one of the columns via a dropdownlist. I have been trying this for ages but just can’t get it to work and haven’t been able to find any examples for this version of the grid.

PLEASE PLEASE can someone post an example of having a bound grid using the dropdown control in one of the columns.

Thanks

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by stephen (had 223 views)

User (Old forums)

Brian,

I believe I have been having a similar problem to you for quite some time. For some reason on some of my grids, when I modify something in the designer, the drop down control seems to break. I discovered that it is actually still there, because if you edit the cell and press up and down keys on the keyboard, it changes items in the drop down control. I just couldn’t see the drop down button. I discovered that this line of code in the designer was causing the problems;

this.comboBoxEditor1.TemplateControl.DropDownButton = null;

Removal of this line and I have my drop down control working again.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Peter (had 340 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.