Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Grid performance: large amount of columns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #24604 |

Hi there,

what can i do to increase the speed and performance of my datagrid if there are many columns used?

Example:

Rows: 10.000 | Columns: 5 (= 50.000 Items)
    Scrolling time (to the middle with the scrollbar): ~0.1 sec
    Order time: ~0.1sec
    ==> this setup is stunning fast 🙂

Rows: 100(!) | Columns: 100 (=10.000 Items)
    Scrolling time (to the middle with the scrollbar): ~2-3 sec
    Order time: ~2-3sec
    ==> the users wont be happy with this delays

Is there a way to increase performance in setups with much columns? This way it would be unusable…

Thanks, best regards
    b.greber

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 781 views)

User (Old forums)

up

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 312 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

What would help this situation would be for the DataGrid to support the UI virtualization of columns, which it currently does not.

It is possible for the grid to do this, but it is a rather large project if we want to achieve this without loosing some of the grid’s flexibility or capabilities. It is on our list, but not for one of the remaining 2007 releases.

However, we have noted your request, and if there are more similar requests, we will bump up the priority.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 473 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for your reply odi!
    I hope the priority for the column virtualization will be bumped up at least a bit 🙂

Another question:

Is there something I can do to increase the speed of a TabItem switch if a GridControl is on one of the tabs?
    In my application the scrolling speed an overall speed of the grid is acceptable, but tab-switching away- and to the grid does take about ~2 seconds, thats a bit annoying..

Is there something i can do to speed that up? eg. setting the itemssource to null or whatever

Thank you for any help

Best regards, b.greber

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Benno (had 391 views)

Xceed Support

Unloading the TabItem content is the default behavior of the TabControl… There might be ways to tweak that behavior a little bit but I am not that experienced with TabControl.

However, given that you are using WPF, there is the alternative to use something else, and make it look like a TabControl…

e.g: A bunch of styled ToggleButton, when a toggle button is checked, you “show” or “hide” the appropriate content… This should prevent the “unloading” of the DataGridControl…

Otherwise, if anybody else around here know the TabControl well, maybe they’ll have some suggestions.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 3742 views)

User (Old forums)

We have added a Column Virtualization to the latest version of DataGrid for WPF Pro (v3.0.8415.1500), which should address this problem.

You can download it from this link :

http://xceed.com/Xredirect.aspx?url=http://download4.xceedsoft.com/Packages/DGP/3.0.8415.15000/Xceed DataGrid for WPF v3.0.exe

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1477 views)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.