Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Grid Scroll Speed very slow (when Window maximised)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #16633 |

I am working on a proto-type of a new windows based data edit and upload application and I am looking at using Xceed grid – it appears to have a lot of the UI features we require as standard.

So I have a databound grid (bound to a genric list of business objects). The grid has 19 columns and 150 rows. Everything seems to works fine until I try scrolling then the UI starts to get very sluggish and jumpy – not a satisfactory user experience.

However if I minimise the window so that only a couple of columns are showing the scrolling speed is super fast. This would indicate the problem is with the way the grid is repainting itself. Are there any display settings that could affect this and more importantly speed it up?

I have also read that subclassing DataCell and overriding the PaintBackground and PaintForeground method can speed this up – this is my current line of attack. But any help appreciated because as it stands the grid’s (lack of) speed is stopping us using it.

I can supply code if required

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tom (had 2492 views)

User (Old forums)

As mentioned above I looked into subclassing DataRow and DataCell – the oveerriding the PaintForeground/Background events – as a way to speed up the grid.

Got some good hints on how to do this from http://forums.xceed.com/CS/forums/2/892/ShowThread.aspx (Thanks Tommy) with the actual subclassing code fround at http://www.xceedsoft.com/cs/download/XceedGrid/CSharp/Custom Row Cell Derivation.zip (Thanks Andre).

But the upshot – these changes did not noticable speed up the scrolling – so I am still looking for a solution to this problem 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tom (had 782 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

What specific version of the Datagrid are you using?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 524 views)

User (Old forums)

The best would be for you to attach a sample project to this thread (via the Options tab when replying) that reproduces the issue, so we can look at it and see the reason why it behaves like this.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 302 views)

User (Old forums)

Are you running it from within Visual Studio, or as a stand-alone application? When you’re running it stand-alone (like your clients will run it), it should be faster than when you’re debugging it from within Visual Studio.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tommy (had 764 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi, I have the same problem and looking for a solution. My version is 3.7.8312.9580 and I will be appreciated if someone could help me.

Regards

Bekir Karadeniz

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bekir (had 297 views)

User (Old forums)

How many rows and columns do you have?  Again, if you can provide a sample project, it would help us help you. [:D]

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1176 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.