Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Getting character number of winTextBox from QueryInputKey event

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #16772 |

Hi,
    I want to caculate the lenght of a word in a cell as the user inputs each character. The below code works fine if they are typing letters in. The problem is if the user selects some of the text and presses the backspace button to delete it. The e.keydata has a value of “back” which messes things up. I could check for the “backspace” key, but I still do not know how many characters they have deleted because the: DirectCast(e.Control, WinTextBox).TextBoxArea.Text – will only give me the value before they delete characters.

vb.net please.

AddHandler xg.Columns(4).CellEditorManager.QueryInputKey, AddressOf InputKey

Private Sub InputKey(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Xceed.Grid.Editors.QueryEditorInputKeyEventArgs)
    Dim txt, t As String

txt = DirectCast(e.Control, WinTextBox).TextBoxArea.Text

If Char.IsLetter(e.KeyData.ToString) Then
    txt = txt & e.KeyData.ToString
    End If

tsslMess.Text = “Text length: ” & Len(txt))

End Sub

Thanks in advance.
    Troy.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by troy@querytool.com (had 548 views)

User (Old forums)

We suggest you use the TextChanged event on the TextBoxArea instead, and get the text length in the event handler.

e.g.:

//at Form_Load

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

AddHandler GridControl1.Columns( 0 ).CellEditorManager.ActivatingControl, AddressOf CellEditorManager_ActivatingControl
        AddHandler GridControl1.Columns( 0 ).CellEditorManager.DeactivatingControl, AddressOf CellEditorManager_DeactivatingControl

End Sub

//Event handlers :

Private Sub CellEditorManager_ActivatingControl( ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Xceed.Grid.Editors.CellEditorEventArgs )

Dim editor as Xceed.Editors.WinTextBox = CType( e.Control, Xceed.Editors.WinTextBox)
        AddHandler editor.TextBoxArea.TextChanged, AddressOf editor_TextChanged

End Sub

Private Sub CellEditorManager_DeactivatingControl( ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Xceed.Grid.Editors.CellEditorEventArgs )

Dim editor as Xceed.Editors.WinTextBox = CType( e.Control, Xceed.Editors.WinTextBox)
        ‘this needs to be done, if not, subscriptions will pill up every time the editor is activated
        RemoveHandler editor.TextBoxArea.TextChanged, AddressOf editor_TextChanged

End Sub

Private sub editor_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As EventArgs )

Dim value as String = CType( sender, TextBoxArea ).TextLength.ToString

End Sub

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 580 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.