Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Getting FTP Reply Code 550

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #21331 |

And I think it’s because my path is too long because I am recursing through the ftp server’s structure to get the file, and do a http://FTP.GetFolderContents() to find the file, so I know it’s there (and I can see it). So my only thought is that the path is too long for the xceed software to handle. Here is the path: MCSPrint/FaxFiles/FaxAttachmentFiles/MCSPrint/FaxFiles/FaxAttachmentFiles/MCSPrint/FaxFiles/FaxAttachmentFiles/MCSPrint/FaxFiles/FaxAttachmentFiles/MCSPrint/MCSTempFiles/LicensePdfs/MCSPrint/MCSTempFiles\IF_LIC_1010_0_2010_0.xml

Any way you know how to get around this?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ganders (had 1489 views)

User (Old forums)

Does anybody look at these forums?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ganders (had 278 views)

Xceed Support

Hi, 

The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters long. This is a limitation of .NET and unfortunately, there is no workaround for it.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Alain [Xceed] (had 1519 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.