Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms GDI Handles and grid disposal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #13593 |

Since upgrading to Xceed Grid 3.3 we have noticed a significant increase in the number of GDI+ handles being used by our products. We quite quickly hit the 10000 limit.

We also noticed a few instances where the grid is disposed and set to null and we still somehow end up getting a reference to the disposed object.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bronwenz (had 2890 views)

User (Old forums)

3.3? I thought the latest was 2.5?
    I haven’t experienced anything like this, but I haven’t used the grid for very complex matters. I’ve only ever had just one grid showing at any one time, and it’s not very complex.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by macke (had 275 views)

User (Old forums)

Sorry, yes it’s 2.5. I had a dislexic moment with the version numbers and looked up the one for another of the xceed components we have.

Got a reply from support and there’s a known bug about this issue.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bronwenz (had 3180 views)

User (Old forums)

We are having a similar problem. We are using the Xceed.Grid.CellEditorDisplayConditions.Always option on all of our fields. Any ideas on how to pinpoint the problem? When we open the form with the grid on it the GDI Object count in the TaskManager for our application increases by about 1000. When we close the form and reopen it keeps increasing by the same amount until it hits 10,000 in which case it throws and exception. We are also using Images in each row. There aren’t that many parent rows about 10 with about 5 children each and each child has only one child row.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by RiverSoft (had 285 views)

User (Old forums)

Which version are you using?  If you’re not using the latest version, I suggest you upgrade and see if you still have the issue.  Some leaks with cell editors where fixed in the more recent versions, so it is possible this is not an issue anymore.

You can download the latest version from this link :

http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx#LatestFullPackage

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 638 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.