Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Future of Xceed FTP for .NET

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    #20590 |

We know that it’s easy to find free or shareware .NET FTP code out there, or to try using MS APIs to send and receive files by FTP. But it’s tough to get FTP working well consistently because FTP is a quirky protocol and is implemented differently by most FTP servers… So Xceed has been working on a high-quality, easy to use and reliable .NET FTP library.

What we really need to know is, what are the most important features you want to see in this product either in its first release or in the update releases to be available shortly after?

We do have some pleasant surprises for our .NET FTP component with regards to its integration in the Xceed Filesystem object model – but cool designs aside, we need to know where you want us to head with this product.

For example, is secure FTP in demand?

We get a lot of suggestions by email but perhaps this subject is best discussed here in the forums.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nat (had 10858 views)

User (Old forums)

yes, secure ftp is required for our application.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sviau@crea.ca (had 729 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for your comment. It’s a great suggestion and our team has this in mind for future versions of Xceed FTP Library for .NET. It will not be introduced in v1.0.

Also note that if you currently own an Xceed Foundation Suite or an Xceed Ultimate Suite with a valid subscription, you will automatically receive our new FTP for .NET component for free 🙂

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Nat (had 1005 views)

User (Old forums)

I would really like to see proxy support included in the next update.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Sunil (had 641 views)

User (Old forums)

We are also in need of a secure FTP solution. SSL over port 443 would suit our needs.

Our whole software development direction is being changed rapidly by Sarbanes-Oxley.

You can find more information here if you wish: http://www.sarbanes-oxley.com/

Thanks for the great products!

PS – When do you plan on releasing a new version of the .NET FTP component?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by NRSSoftware (had 845 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

The next release of Xceed FTP for .NET, v2.0, is going to be released in about 6-8 weeks. It provides support for Secure FTP via SSL, and also provides an asynchronous (non-blocking) programming model.

However, we are also planning another update to start not long after that one is released, where we will add some more advanced features – and will seriously consider Proxy support as one of them.

Odi

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 1067 views)

User (Old forums)

Good day,

Are there any plans to add Mode Z (data compression) support to the Xceed FTP for .NET control?

– Steve

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steven (had 1138 views)

User (Old forums)

Hey there.
    You say that the next release of Xceed FTP for .NET, v2.0, is going to be released in about 6-8 weeks….

Have you an exact date for the release. I’am waiting for the new/old (Proxy-Support…) features to complete our projects.

Is there a roadmap online? Or a feature-catalog?

Sorry for my english my german is mutch better….
    Mario

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by marios (had 812 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Marios and Stevious.

The upcoming v2.0 release will not provide proxy support. It will probably have to wait for v2.1 (no dates yet).

We are considering support for MODE Z, since we already have all the codebase for deflate compression, but that would also have to wait for v2.1.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 388 views)

User (Old forums)

Since v2 has now been released, any idea when we can expect our license key?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 1004 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

License keys are were sent out the same day the product was commercially released.

If you did not get yours, it may be that we have the wrong email address on file, or someone else’s on your team, or the message was filtered as spam, etc.

Best thing to do is to call us at (450) 442-2626 (hit ‘0’ for sales) or email sales@xceedsoft.com requesting your registration keys.

Odi

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 719 views)

User (Old forums)

I’d like to see the addition of support for the more popular proprietary FTP commands e.g. XCRC and server to server transfers on FTP servers that support them.

Regards,

Kris Sheglova

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Kris (had 1017 views)

User (Old forums)

Hey Martin/Xceed,

It’s been a while since you made this post stating that you’re “considering” support for MODE Z compression. What’s the status of this feature? Is it in the current version of FTP for .NET, in development, abandoned, etc?

I’d really like to have this feature implemented in my application (which makes HEAVY use of FTP to transfer files of various sizes from 1kB up to 2GB) to cut down on bandwidth. We use the Gene6 FTP server on the other end, which I know supports MODE Z compression — so ideally, I’d like to just drop in a few changes in the client application to make this happen.

If FTP compression isn’t going to be implemented for some time, can anyone suggest any other solid methods of compressing files before FTP transfer, to be decompressed on the server after upload?

Thanks,
    jwyse

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Josh (had 1044 views)

User (Old forums)

The MODE Z compression is one of the new features that should be implemented in Xceed FTP for .NET. A release date cannot be provided at this time, however it will not be before Q1 2007.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 12878 views)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.