Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Folder length limit on Quickzip.zip input files?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #19340 |

I’ve been testing around with the zip.net 2.0.114.0 version of Quickzip.zip to compress sets of files, and have run into “folder does not exist errors” with longer folder names. I’ll do more checking, but is there a string size limit in the current implimentation of any of those overloaded set of functions?

Ideally, the limits on such filenames should be at least as tolerant as Windows itself. Just wondering if this issue can be verified and/or clarified.

:^)

Ryan Fenton

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ryan Fenton (had 2222 views)

User (Old forums)

Ah – I believe I have caught what the issue was. I was using quickzip.zip(…) an asp.net environment, and discovered that I needed specially to give the user “ASPNET” on the local machine permissions to see the folder. Even though the everyone group already has read rights, ASPNET still needs to be added as any user in any folder when using Quickzip.zip functionality from an asp.net project. It doesn’t even need write rights – but an error will occur if that ASPNET user isn’t added in the security settings for the folder in question.

Any ideas on convenient ways around this issue, or is using another zip.net interface a better approach when using asp.net to zip files on a server?

:^)

Ryan Fenton

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ryan Fenton (had 3205 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.