Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #15279 |

Just want to make sure I’m not missing something. I’ve searched the forums and reviewed the “Extensibility” sample project. There is nothing built in for row/column filtering, right? I see in the 3.5 “major features” section “Data filtering capabilities” but I can’t find any explanation of what this means.

This seems like a major item and will probably be make or break on whether I go with Xceed or Infragistics (which is more bloated – 108MB, yikes – but has amazing built in grid filtering features).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajah (had 4958 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi,

You are correct, there is nothing built-in for filtering. The extensibility sample (that demonstrates a filter row object with combo boxes that appear in each column, so the user can instantly filter any column on a certain value, or use a checkbox to disable filtering altogether while still keeping the filter selections) is designed to be easily reusable within your app, though not as ideal as being built-in, we agree.

Is the functionality of the extensibility sample enough, or are there particular missing features you’d like to see, when we implement it built-into the grid? (though not anytime soon, we haven’t started yet).

Thanks,
    Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 371 views)

User (Old forums)

The extensibility example is pretty basic functionality and would require quite a bit of enhancement to meet todays user expectations (IMO). The minimum set of filtering features I would expect from a canned grid are:
    * Control the availability of filtering for each column (i.e., ID columns with unique values don’t benefit from filtering)
    * Multiple filter presets (All, Blank, Non-Blank) in addition to the unique values
    * Drop-down and drop-down list styles (type with auto-complete vs. pick from fixed list)
    * Clear all filters feature

I’ve been using the 45-day trial of Xceed Grid.NET and I can say so far the Xceed controls seem more intuitive to implement and they don’t slow down VS.NET as much (not to mention the end product) as compared to the Infragistics products. While I havew the skills to write the above features on my own I’m left with having to weigh the time to extend the Xceed grid against the additional cost of NetAdvantage.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajah (had 3742 views)

User (Old forums)

Lack of filtering is the biggest deficiency in the grid control and two years later no progress has been made. It seems that all of the development resources are going into WPF grid. I won’t be looking at WPF until after VS2010 releases. I switched from the Infragistics grid to Xceed a couple years ago but now the Infragistics grid is looking better for Windows Forms.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by William (had 1450 views)

User (Old forums)

hi,

is there any setting in filter row that allows us to make StartWith Operator instead of Contains operator that currently it provides.?

means I want to filter records that starts with the text of FilterCell rather than thos that contains the text.?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pratik (had 1515 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.