Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET File name Encoding trouble HELP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #19790 |

I have got a serious problem when I zip files with filenames containing the danish letters ÆØÅ æøå. It seems that you have changed something in your last version 3.4.
    I think the problems lie in the Encoding of the filenames.
    Please help, I am loosing files in my zip archives.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jørgen (had 4871 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Please describe your scenario in more detail.

– Is Xceed Zip for .NET on both sides of the workflow? (Is it Xceed Zip for .NET that does the zipping, and Xceed Zip for .NET that does the unzipping?)

– Have you enabled/disabled extra header support?

– Are you zipping on a computer with a different system codepage than the computer doing the unzipping?

– Going back to Xceed Zip v3.3, this now all works again?

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 225 views)

User (Old forums)

The unzipping is done by an external party

No I havn´t enabled extra header support

That might be possible

Trying to do this later – I have to reinstall so…..

Thanks a lot

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jørgen (had 302 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

The Zip file format has no widely accepted and used way of storing characters in a universal format. For example, if you use Winzip (on both ends even) and the code page is different, you won’t be able to store special characters. If you use Xceed Zip for .NET on both ends, you will (when extra header support is enabled) even if the code pages are different.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 289 views)

User (Old forums)

Actually version 3.3 doesn´t caused the problem to dissappear. I try with version 3.2 later. Actually I have seen that when the OS makes a zip file, the filenames uses the ibm850 encoding.
    I tried with another zip component where it is possible to specify the Encoding, and then I get the correct filenames.
    The OS the program is executing on is an English version of XP, but with danish keyboard and encoding.
    It seems to me that the only way this could be fixed is to let the programmer specify an Encoding.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jørgen (had 309 views)

User (Old forums)

We are investigating this issue right now, we will post our finding here as soon as possible.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 288 views)

User (Old forums)

We do not reproduce this issue here. Do you have a file and code snippet with which we could reproduce this? If so, please send it to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>support</a>, so we can investigate this further.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 5818 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.