Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms FieldName and DataType are read-only in Visual Studio 2010??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #17432 |

After upgrading to the VS2010 upgrade and the Ultimate Suite 10.3, I found out that the FieldName and DataType of a column and read-only!

Here is what I have done:

• add a unbound column in the grid
    • change the title, name, fieldname or datatype
    • the designer refreshes and the newly added column is gone!

I had a look into the class reference, it is saying that the fieldname is read-only. And I took a quick look at the tutorials http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedGrid/. In step 2 of section “Building an unbound grid”, it says “To change the column’s data type and field name, select the column and
    change the value of the FieldName
    and DataType
    properties via the property grid.” This is very confusing!

However, I have found some “workarounds”:

• open up the form1.designer.cs, add the fieldname and datatype into the constructors. But, you’ll need to be sure that you won’t touch the grid from the designer anymore. Because, if you do, all the changes are going to be wiped out by the code regeneration. 
    • do the grid initialisation manually by yourself in the form1.cs.

I clearly remember that I could change the values of fieldname and etc in VS2008 and Grid for .Net3.2. Don’t know what has been changed in this release.

Any thoughts will be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys!

Horace

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Horace (had 1768 views)

Xceed Support

Hi Horace,

You are correct. This is indeed a bug. A bug case has been opened to pursue the investigation. You will be notified as soon as a fix is available in a future version of the component. Thank you again for pointing that out.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Mohamed [Xceed] (had 453 views)

Diane [Xceed]

Hi Horace,

This issue is fixed in the latest version, which you can download in our Updates Center.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Diane [Xceed] (had 1359 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.