Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Features supported by Xceed WPF Grid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #22579 |

I have few queries regarding the features supported by grid.

1. Is cell merging supported or is there any alternate way to achieve.

2. Is on demand data loading supported where I can bring the data from database on demand.

3. Is summary display available say for example I want to display sum of the columns in the last row/or last row of the group.

4. Is Cut, Copy and Paste supported.

5. Is export to excel supported?

6. If these features are not directly supported, is there any alternate way to achieve this?

7 By what time these features would be available in Grid(approx time frame is needed).

8. If we subscribe for paid version, what are the advance features we will get?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rajesh Prajapati (had 2420 views)

User (Old forums)

Xceed Team,

Do you have any update on this ?

Kr. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Koti (had 441 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Answers: 

>1. Is cell merging supported or is there any alternate way to achieve.

This is in the 2009 roadmap as a potential feature, but not currently supported. Noted that you requested it.

>2. Is on demand data loading supported where I can bring the data from database on demand.

Coming soon, if not in the December 2008 / January 2009 release, then the April 2009 release. We already have a working prototype, runs smoothly on tests with a 2 billion row dataset, but still has quite some months before it is ready. We call it Data Virtualization, and it will work automatically, you won’t have to write any special code.

>3. Is summary display available say for example I want to display sum of the columns in the last row/or last row of the group.

Yes, in the current v3.0.

>4. Is Cut, Copy and Paste supported.

December 2008 / January 2009. However, if you are thinking in terms of the datagrid functioning like a spreadsheet / Excel, that is not in the roadmap at the moment, it is still under consideration.

>5. Is export to excel supported?

December 2008 / January 2009.

>6. If these features are not directly supported, is there any alternate way to achieve this?

Knowing the timeframes, which ones would you need to implement earlier? 

>7. By what time these features would be available in Grid(approx time frame is needed).

Answered for each one.

>8. If we subscribe for paid version, what are the advance features we will get?

Purchasing the product with subscription will get you the current Professional Edition now (version 3.0), and all updates for one year, the same hour they are publicly released. This is what you should be seeing come from Xceed for the next year: http://xceed.com/CS/forums/thread/14954.aspx

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 394 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the response.

Kr. 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Koti (had 860 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.