Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF FatalExecutionEngineError deriving from DataGridControl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #26890 |

Hi,

I am trying to add some additional functionality to the DataRow.EndEdit() event.  Using an example from the forums I have derived from DataGridControl, and DataRow to achieve this.  While this works OK when I edit a row in the grid, I now have problems with adding data using the InsertionRow.  When I leave the InsertionRow, I get a FatalExecutionEngineError.  I have tried deriving from InsertionRow as well, but I now get this same error occurring on the MyBase.EndEdit() line within my derived Insertion Row:

FatalExecutionEngineError was detected
    Message: The runtime has encountered a fatal error. The address of the error was at 0x56d7b7a7, on thread 0xe40. The error code is 0x80131623. This error may be a bug in the CLR or in the unsafe or non-verifiable portions of user code. Common sources of this bug include user marshaling errors for COM-interop or PInvoke, which may corrupt the stack.

Any clues?

Jeremy

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeremy (had 859 views)

Xceed Support

Can you provide additional details? What are the modifications you brought to the InsertionRow?

Is there any additional information with the error? ( stack trace )

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 408 views)

User (Old forums)

I don’t see anything in the call stack, just [External Code], I was getting the error before I derived from InsertionRow, and didn’t add anything other than a MsgBox call after the MyBase.EndEdit to prove it was working.  This is the code for the derived classes:

Namespace DirtyDataGrid

Public Class MyDataGridControl

Inherits Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.DataGridControl

Protected Overrides Function GetContainerForItemOverride() As System.Windows.DependencyObject

Return New SuperGridRow

End Function

Protected Overrides Function IsItemItsOwnContainerOverride(ByVal item As Object) As Boolean

Return (TypeOf item Is SuperGridRow)

End Function

End Class

Public Class SuperGridRow

Inherits Xceed.Wpf.DataGrid.DataRow

Public Overrides Sub EndEdit()

MyBase.EndEdit()

MsgBox(

“OK”)

End Sub

End Class

End Namespace

Let me know if I can provide any other details.  This code is contained in a separate assembly as VS2008 is having problems recognising my XAML reference to the local project.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeremy (had 1289 views)

User (Old forums)

Reverted back to vanilla version of the grid, and still got the same error, so started from scratch again, and now all is OK, just think VS2008 was having a bit of a fit…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeremy (had 871 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.