Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET FTPS with SSL Implicit Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #21004 |

The problem I am running into is that I am getting a timeout when trying to transfer a file. I know what is happening from a technical perspective but I need to know how to fix it with this library.

So, I can connect and login to the ftp server over ssl just fine. I explicity set the port to 990 and set passive mode to true. What happens next is that the connection hangs when I try to push a file to the server.

I have narrowed this down to the remote address getting converted to a local IP address instead of the public IP address which I do not have access to. In other libraries I have seen properties like “UseHostAddressForPassive”. What that does is it will always use the public IP address when communicating to the server.

I need to know if this library has something similar or what I should to do fix this problem. No special code needed just sample code. I am not doing anything but connecting and transfering a file.

Any help is appreciated.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Travis (had 1649 views)

User (Old forums)

Our library does not offer such a property at this point (version 3.7), so the local address will be used in this case.  There is no workaround.

We are considering adding this feature in a future version, but no priority as been set at this time, so we can’t say when/if it will be included.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 490 views)

User (Old forums)

There is an rfc related to EPSV mode that if implemented might also help.

Is this implemented in xceed ftp?

RFC 2428 FTP Extensions for IPv6 and NATs September 1998

There are competing products that support this now.

Many thanks

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by alan (had 312 views)

User (Old forums)

This has already been ask previously, and is on our feature list.  It requires a fair amount of development time, so though it is a feature we want to implement, we cannot tell at this time when this will be implemented.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1565 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.