Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET FTP process application keep hanging

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #20736 |

I am currently implementing the FTP component in my code to see wheather it suit our needs, however i am still facing the same problem of the FTP application hanging.

I actually deployed the code to a test environment where the console application (ftpGet.exe) is being placed in a scheduled task to run every 10 mins, however 2-3 hrs of normal activities, the scheduled task process starts to hang and then finally fails to run due to the number of hanged processes in the server.

I was reading the user forums within the Xceed website regarding such matters and a post in the FTP forum, could possibly shed some light on the issue.http://www.xceedsoft.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2517

However, is anyone facing the same issue ?

The algorithm for my program is pretty straight forward,

takes in a range of source server IP addresses to process in the commandline.

for each source server IP address, it will connect to that server, change to the FTP directory and receiveFile() back to the server that execute this FTP console application.

Then another FTP exe program takes care of transfering the recevied filed to their respective destinations using the sendFile() method.

My FTP exes are being placed in a scheduled task to run every 10mins.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bmann225 (had 4263 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi.

I’m experiencing the exact same problem, however my program can run for weeks and then suddenly one day the server hangs and I can’t connect to it anymore. It’s rather frustrating. I’ve downloaded the newest version of the .Net FTP component which is said to have fixed some disconnecting problems….but to my big disappointment it didn’t fix my problem.

Anyone have a solution to this?

/EC_FAN

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by EC_FAN (had 442 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi EC_Fan,

1 possible reason for the FTP hanging is due to the network itself. Blips in the network cause the ACK pkt to be lost during transmission on the way back to the client, and the server has already sent the pkt, but due to the blip, 1 party has sent and the other is waiting for the lost pkt which never arrives.

This was 1 explanation i recevied when i posted on my local intranet requesting help regarding the same issue, and many a times these hanging times that i encountered happend ard the network traffic peak.

Our workaround was to have a DOS command that kills the FTP process that sits around for 1hr or so without response.

Alternativly you can write a small script using c# that uses the process class to filter out the FTP process within the scheduler and check the time, if the lastrun time is more than an hr, u might consider using the kill method to kill the process.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by bmann225 (had 316 views)

User (Old forums)

If the Timeout property does not seem to work (e.g. ReceiveFile or SendFile does not throw an exception if nothing happens for the timeout period), then that’s a bug and you should contact Xceed’s technical support.

I’m working on a similar issue this week. It’s very difficult to pinpoint and reproduce, as routers and VPN connections are often involved in the problem, but my goal is to have a Timeout property that behaves as expected.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 4510 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.