Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET FTP files from one server to another

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20890 |

I have the need to have a local client application connect to one remote FTP server and copy files to another remote FTP server. I have found documentation in the Xceed help to do this.

My question is, what is really happening under the hood? What I mean is “How is the transfer of these files actually being performed”?

Are the files being downloaded to memory on my local client then transfered a second time back up to the remote destination server, or is it possible that there is a single transfer from server-to-server?

I want to understand the process better so I can make an optimal decision on how I want to handle my task.

Thanks for any details!

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 3354 views)

User (Old forums)

To have a server to server transfer, the process must run on the server doing the transfer, that is, your application and our dll must be on the server. If you run this from your local machine, the file will be transfered locally before transferring it to the other server.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 237 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks Andre!

That is what I needed to know. It is also what suspected, but your confirmation will help greatly.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Chris (had 3907 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.