Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET FTP SSL send problem – sender/receiver missing error when sending file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #21016 |

Hi,

I’ve created a connection to an FTP with SSL site.  I can connect to the site but when I try to send a file I get the following error:

{“Syntax error – sender/receiver missing. (reply code 501)”}
        [Xceed.Ftp.FtpReplyException]: {“Syntax error – sender/receiver missing. (reply code 501)”}
        Data: {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}
        HelpLink: null
        InnerException: null
        Message: “Syntax error – sender/receiver missing. (reply code 501)”
        Source: “Xceed.Ftp”
        StackTrace: ”   at Xceed.Ftp.Engine.FtpCommandSequence.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)\r\n   at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.SendFile(FtpCommandChannel commandChannel, SendFileFtpCommandSequence sendSequence)\r\n   at Xceed.Ftp.FtpClient.SendFile(String localFilename, String remoteFilename)\r\n   at StingRay.FTPActivities.FtpPut.FTPUpload() in C:\\SourceControl\\ApplicationCode\\StingRay Workflow\\StingRay\\FtpActivities\\FtpPut.cs:line 118″
        TargetSite: {Xceed.Ftp.FtpReply EndExecute(System.IAsyncResult)}

My code is:

client.Connect(Host, port);

client.CertificateReceived +=

new CertificateReceivedEventHandler(OnCertificateReceived);

client.Authenticate(Xceed.Ftp.

AuthenticationMethod.Tls,VerificationFlags.None, null,Xceed.Ftp.DataChannelProtection.Private);

client.SendFile(SourceFilename, remoteFilename);

It falls over on the last line.  Does anyone have any ideas why?

Any help much appreciated

Con

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Con (had 4797 views)

User (Old forums)

Do you login?  Does your server support explicit secure connections?  Or does it only support implicit connections?

Taken from the our help documentation (http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedFileSystem/FTPComponent_Secure_FTP.html) :

“Connecting securely and authenticating are two distinct methods of establishing a secure connection with an FTP server. In the first case, the Secure FTP server may require an SSL connection to be established first, before it sends its initial welcome message. This is called an implicit SSL connection. In the second case,   the connection is established in clear text and a special FTP command must be sent to the Secure FTP server to change the connection into a secure connection. This is called an explicit SSL connection.”

e.g.:

client.CertificateReceived += new CertificateReceivedEventHandler(OnCertificateReceived);

client.Connect(Host, port,Xceed.Ftp.AuthenticationMethod.Tls,VerificationFlags.None, null);

client.Login( user, password );

client.SendFile(SourceFilename, remoteFilename);

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1600 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.