Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Export to clipboard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #15916 |

Can soneone please demonstrate how to use ExcelExporter to export to the Clipboard? When I attempt the following , an exception is thrown complaining about the MemoryStream being closed. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Xceed.Grid.Exporting.ExcelExporter exporter = new Xceed.Grid.Exporting.ExcelExporter();
    MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
    exporter.Export(gridReconPositions, ms);
    Clipboard.SetData(“PersistentObject”, ms);

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ronnotel (had 2979 views)

User (Old forums)

The stream gets closed by the Export() method. This is a problem that will be solved in our next release. The Export() method will be overloaded to offer a “closeOutputStream” parameter. When set to false, the stream will remain open, so that you will be able to copy it to the clipboard.

You can monitor the following web page on our site to be warned when the new version becomes available.

<a href=”http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx?Lang=EN-CA”>http://xceed.com/pages/TopMenu/Downloads/Updates.aspx?Lang=EN-CA</a&gt;

It should be out within the next month.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 439 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for the heads up, Andre. Here I thought I was going crazy when it was just crappy software after all (just kidding, I think your stuff is great).

Ron

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ronnotel (had 359 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Ron,

We love to make our clients go crazy! (just kidding, we DO appreciate our clients!)

Sorry to have made you sweat…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 4294 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.