Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Explicit SSL Sample

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20805 |

Hi
    Has anyone used Explicit SSL?
    Two Notes:

1-May I get an example, I can’t find the right samples anywhere.
    I guess, based on the nature of explicit SSL, we will need a server side certificate file to be imported on the client side and then use it (as the only valid certificate). Now how this component-client DDL knows about the certificate is an important question.

2-Let assume the FTP-Server side provides a version 3 SSL certificate that is true 128-bit on the MAC and uses RSA 1024-bit for the public / private key (all of which is industry standard).
    Is this a correct assumption for Explicit SSL? If it is, can this XCEED component handle it?

Thanks
    A.Y

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ay_fbr (had 2653 views)

User (Old forums)

We have a sample explorer that you can look at. It will show you how to use explicit SSL.

Go to Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our components in action! -> Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer.

Then click on topic “4.1.3. Connect securely, using SSL/TLS”. You can look at the C# or VB.NET code, you can execute it, and you can even modify the code and execute it after!

We also have a sample application that shows how to use the asynchronous classes, and which permits you to make explicit secure connections. You will find the sample here :

C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed FileSystem Core 3.2\Samples\VS.NET 2003\FTP-related\CSharp\ClientFtp

You will find VB.NET and VS2005 samples in the neighbor folders.

As for certificates, we do not have the expertise to answer the questions you have. May be someone from the community of users will do, else, you will have to search the web for resources on FTP certificates.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3592 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.