Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Exception in Xceed.Zip.AesEncryptionStream.Dispose()

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20192 |

On some large zip files, we will occasionally have a few entries within the zip that throw the following exception when they are extracted:

The calculated authentication value does not match the reported value.

Stacktrace:
    at Xceed.Zip.AesEncryptionStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
    at System.IO.Stream.Close()
    at Xceed.Compression.CompressedStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
    at System.IO.Stream.Close()
    at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
    at
    ExtractLib.Extractor.VerifyEntry(Int32 entry_num, ProgressCallBack callback, VerifyMethod verify_method)

So far we’ve only seen this issue come up on larger zip archives, typically those >1GB and >50000 files.  This may simply be coincidence, but we can’t tell since we haven’t seen this error on smaller zip archives.  For example, we had a 5GB archive with 161,000 files in it and 8 of the files threw this exception on extraction.

The
    files inside the zip archive that exhibit this error are extractable
    and appear to be fully intact, but it does leave us wondering what this
    error means and is it something to be concerned about.

Thanks,

-Steve

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 2253 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

We need to know two things:

1) if you try to extract the same files from the zip archive using another tool (7-zip, for example), do you get the same error or not?  2) can the files be extracted/tested without any error with another zip utility? 

If you are absolutely positive that Xceed Zip is unable to extract the all the files from the archive and that the overall integrity of the archive is tested/proven (using another tool), we will probably have to find a way to transfer this zip archive to our office for further testing.

The only way we are going to be able to find the origin of this issue is if you can reproduce the “bug” using the same zip archive.

So, make sure that 1) the issue can be reproduced using Xceed Zip with a given zip archive 2) the integrity of the zip archive has been tested with another zip utility.  We will proceed as soon as these two checkpoints are verified.  (Be ready to send us this zip archive, we will need it!)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1194 views)

User (Old forums)

Has this issue been found or resolved?

I have a zip file with a .pdf in it that will not unzip. I have tested it with WinZip 15.0, LZMa, and a encryption password. It works fine in WinZip 15.0.
    I can unzip the file if no password, but once I have a password of any length then I get the exception.

The calculated authentication value does not match the reported value.
    Type: Xceed.Zip.ZipArchive
    FullName: \
       at Xceed.FileSystem.AbstractFolder.CopyFilesTo(FileSystemEvents events, Object userData, AbstractFolder destinationFolder, Boolean recursive, Boolean replaceExistingFiles, Object[] filters)
       at Xceed.FileSystem.AbstractFolder.CopyFilesTo(AbstractFolder destinationFolder, Boolean recursive, Boolean replaceExistingFiles, Object[] filters)
       at EagleTM.WINGS.Utility.WingsZipFile.WingsZipFile.UnZipFiles(String sourceZipFileName, String destinationFolderPath, String includeFileFilter) in C:\Wings70\Utility\EagleTM.WINGS.Utility.WingsZipFile\WingsZipFile.cs:line 533

Below is how I construct the zipArchive object. 

var zipArchiveFile = new ZipArchive(abstractZipFile)

{   DefaultEncryptionMethod = WingsZipFileEncryptionMethod,

DefaultCompressionLevel = WingsZipFileCompressionLevel,

DefaultCompressionMethod = WingsZipFileCompressionMethod,

};

// Set Passwords use Defaults is set to true.

if (UseDefaultEncryptionPhrase)

zipArchiveFile.DefaultEncryptionPassword = “test”;

if (UseDefaultDecryptionPhrase)

zipArchiveFile.DefaultDecryptionPassword = “test”;

Below is how I unzip the files in the zip file.  fileSearchParameters is a NameFilter[] of “*.*”

try { zipArchiveFile.CopyFilesTo(destinationDiskFolder, true, true,  

fileSearchParameters

); }

catch (Exception extractZipFileException){

throw new ZipIOException(zipArchiveFile.ZipFile,    
         extractZipFileException.InnerException);  }

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Bruce (had 1559 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.