Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Error: zip end header signature could not be found

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #20113 |

Hi

I am working on a program to download files from a web site, and then unzip using my XCeed Zip for .Net version 3.7 component. The zip files contain XML files and are zipped also using my XCeed zip component.

The program works fine on all of my development and testing computers. However, on my client’s computers I get an error: “The zip end header signature could not be found”, when I try to unzip the files. My code to unzip is simply:

Xceed.Zip.QuickZip.Unzip(zipFileName, UpdateFolder,

True, False, False, “*”)

On the zipping side, I do not use Quickzip but the standard zip code as in your help files.

It is very frustrating because the error cannot be reproduced on my test machines, it only happens on the client machine. These are on a corporate network, so I was thinking there may be some security issue, but if the files are downloaded OK, then surely they should unzip OK as well?

Any help or suggestions to fix this problem will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Fritz 

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Fritz (had 3861 views)

User (Old forums)

It is difficult to tell what could be the problem, but could it be that the file is not completely downloaded when you try to unzip it?  Have you tried to use the same methods (i.e. via ZipArchive) to unzip the file as those you use to zip it, instead of QuickZip?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 325 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks for your reply, Andre

I have not checked your suggestion, but I did determine that unzipping works on the client’s side for zip files not downloaded through their network. So, if I download a zip file to my computer through my own network, and then manually transfer it to the client’s computer, then unzipping works with QuickZip. However, I get the “zip end header” error on the same file when it is downloaded through their network. So my conclusion is that their network security or setup somehow changes something in the file during download. It is very frustrating, now my client will have to manually download the zip files from the internet and then unzip it.

If anyone experienced a similar problem and/or has a solution, please email me!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Fritz (had 3350 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.