Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed Zip & Real-Time Zip for .NET Error while running xceed zip for .net 2.0 in release mode

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #19325 |

A description of the problem:
    I am using xceed zip 2.0. I created a sample appliction to compress a string.
    the problem is when I deploy this test application on a machine with Visual studio .net it works fine. but if it is deployed on a machine with just .net framework(no visual studio.net) it gives an error “can not find xceed.compression”. I can see all the Xceed components in GAC.
    I just wanted it because I am using evaluation version or some other problem.

Exception Information
    Exception Type: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Message: File or assembly name Xceed.Compression, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
    FileName: Xceed.Compression
    FusionLog: === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Xceed.Compression, Version=2.0.107.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff368b7563c6
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = d:\bnb\bnbr_build\bin\
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    Calling assembly : BNBMSMQToDB, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
    ===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: Host configuration file not found.
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Xceed.Compression, Version=2.0.107.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff368b7563c6
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/Xceed.Compression.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/Xceed.Compression/Xceed.Compression.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/Xceed.Compression.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/Xceed.Compression/Xceed.Compression.EXE.

TargetSite: Void .cctor()
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: BNBMSMQToDB

Please respond asap,
    Thanks,
    Jai

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by jai (had 6076 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Jai.

If you want technical support answers from Xceed, you should send an email to <mail>support@xceedsoft.com</mail>.

I imagine you did check if the version of Xceed.Compression.dll in the GAC is 2.0.107? Have you tried copying the dll beside your application to see if this works? Did you install both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 on that machine? If so, can you confirmed you looked at v1.1’s GAC?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 262 views)

User (Old forums)

We have purchased a licensed copy ver: 2.0.113.
    We are only using .net 1.1. i did try to copy the DLLs and use it but that also gave me some build number mismatch error.

I tried to contact Support but no body is responding. I contacted support when I was using evaluation version then support responded quickly but I didn’t find any solution. Now I am using licensed verion but same issue.

I sent almost 5 emails since yesterday but didn’t get any response.

Can you suggest something that i can try quickly?

Thanks,
    Jai

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by jai (had 347 views)

User (Old forums)

after copying the DLLS we get following error

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: BnB:bnbalertmanagerservice.exe
    Event Category: (9999)
    Event ID: 9999
    Date: 6/24/2004
    Time: 6:09:20 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: BNBUSINT2ADM1
    Description:

General Information
    Additional Info:
    MachineName: BNBUSINT2ADM1
    TimeStamp: 6/24/2004 6:09:20 PM
    FullName: BnBExceptionManagement, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    AppDomainName: bnbalertmanagerservice.exe
    ThreadIdentity:
    WindowsIdentity: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

1) Exception Information
    Exception Type: System.TypeInitializationException
    TypeName: IPSD.BnB.SystemFramework.MSMQToDB
    Message: The type initializer for “IPSD.BnB.SystemFramework.MSMQToDB” threw an exception.
    TargetSite: Void .ctor()

StackTrace Information
    at IPSD.BnB.SystemFramework.MSMQToDB..ctor()
    at IPSD.BnB.Service.AlertManager.ProcessQueueAlert()
    at IPSD.BnB.Service.AlertManager.ManagerTimerCallback(Object state)

2) Exception Information
    Exception Type: System.IO.FileLoadException
    Message: The located assembly’s manifest definition with name ‘Xceed.Compression’ does not match the assembly reference.
    FileName: Xceed.Compression
    FusionLog: === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Xceed.Compression, Version=2.0.107.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff368b7563c6
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = d:\bnb\bnbr_build\bin\
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    Calling assembly : BNBMSMQToDB, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
    ===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: Host configuration file not found.
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Xceed.Compression, Version=2.0.107.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba83ff368b7563c6
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/Xceed.Compression.DLL.
    WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Build Number

TargetSite: Void .cctor()

StackTrace Information
    at IPSD.BnB.SystemFramework.MSMQToDB..cctor()

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by jai (had 422 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello Jai.

You say you bought version 2.0.113, but your application seems to be compiled against version 2.0.107. Without a policy file, the assembly versions must match exactly. Can you make sure you are using the exact same version on your development machine and on the machine it’s deployed on?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 270 views)

User (Old forums)

From the last error log you posted, it seems that the CLR loader is looking for Xceed.Compression.dll version 2.0.107.0 in folder d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/, found an assembly by that name but with a different build number (“WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Build Number”).

Could you please confirm that the version of d:/bnb/bnbr_build/bin/Xceed.Compression.dll really is 2.0.107.0?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 687 views)

User (Old forums)

Thanks a lot I think this will help. I am going to try this.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by jai (had 6233 views)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.