Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Error while Appending to local file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #20825 |

Hi,
    We’ve downloaded trial version for 45 days, our main goal is to download
    2GIGA files from ftp site.
    Such large files requires code that detect errors and resuming,
    however it seems that there are a bug in the function receiveFile.
    We’ve used two overloads:
    1. xceedFtpClient.ReceiveFile(fileName , localFileSize , streamToLocalFile);
    In the version above we seek in the local stream to the end of the local file before
    passing it to the function.

2. xceedFtpClient.ReceiveFile(fileName, localFileSize, localFilePath, true);

It seems that both ignore the offset and always append all the remote file
    to the local file.
    Do u know about some bug with this function?

Thanks,
    Johny Goldberg
    http://www.press-sense.com

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by johnyG (had 2349 views)

User (Old forums)

This should work fine. I just tested it again, and it downloaded only the file from the offset I specified.

If it is possible for us to connect to your server, I suggest you send a request to <a href=”mailto:support@xceedsoft.com”>support</a>, with the code snippet you are using and the connection information, so we can try to reproduce the issue here. You can also set the TraceWriter property, so we can get a log of the communication with the server. Send us the resulting log file please.

i.e.:

FtpClient.TraceWriter = new StreamWriter( @”D:\ftp.log”, true );

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3244 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.