Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Error trying to open an FTP SSL session

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #21287 |

I am getting this error – “An attempt was made to create a root folder. If the root folder is a removable drive, make sure a disk is inserted.\r\nType: Xceed.Ftp.FtpFolder\r\nFullName: \\”

I need to use Copy to since I have a “MemoryFile” object that needs to do a CopyTo. ( I have a business need to do so)

For some reason I cannot use a “FtpClient” object and I have to use a “FtpConnection” object for connection.

It works fine for a regular FTP but for a FTP over SSL, it fails!

I am able to connect to the FTPS site using a FileZilla FTP desktop tool.

The FTPS server too is hosted by FileZilla. 

Any way I can get the Copy To method working?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Murali (had 1420 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Murali,

the error you are seeing is not the best indicator of what is happening.  Your code for an (normal) FTP session won’t work directly for a FTPS (FTP SLL) session.  You have to modify your code to handle the certificate in the FTPS session. 

You should take a look at the Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer, which can be found under Start -­­> Programs -> Xceed Components -­> .NET Components -> Class Librairies -> Xceed FTP for .NET 4.1 -­­> Xceed FileSystem Snippet Explorer

Once you have the Snippet Explorer open, examine the section 4.1.3.  Securely, using SLL/TLS

This should put you back on track pretty quickly.  The code is self-explanatory and can be executed (and modified) right from the Snippet Explorer.

Best regards,

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Ghislain (had 1812 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.