Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Error thrown when GroupBy on columns with Null values

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #25059 |

The application that I am working on always experiences a fatal error when i attempt to drag a column to the groupby control and that specific column contains null values. This only happens with null values and not empty strings.

Is this a bug with the control? Or do i need to specifically handle columns with null values?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Serene (had 454 views)

User (Old forums)

I forgot to mention that I am binding the grid directly to a DataViewCollection..

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Serene (had 302 views)

Xceed Support

I was not able to reproduce the behavior using the DataGridCollectionViewSource. Could you post the XAML code you are using?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 260 views)

User (Old forums)

I’ve created a custom control which derives directly from the Xceed DataGrid – CustomDataGrid

This is the XAML

<ctrls:CustomDataGrid x:Name=”dataGrid” ItemsSource=”{Binding Path=DataCollectionView}” View=”TableView.Aero.NormalColor” PrintingEnabled=”false” ReadOnly=”true”/>

The list of objects I am binding to are objects which consists of embedded objects as well
    Example:
    public class ObjectA
    {
    string Name;
    ObjectB ObjectB;
    }

public class ObjectB
    {
    string Name;
    }

In codebehind, i do a little processing to cater to this

DataGridCollectionView view = null;

view = new DataGridCollectionView(observableCollection);//ObservableCollection<ObjectA>
    view.ItemProperties.Clear();

view.ItemProperties.Add(new DataGridItemProperty(“ObjectA Name”, “Name”, typeof(string)));
    view.ItemProperties.Add(new DataGridItemProperty(“ObjectB Name”, “ObjectB.Name”, typeof(string)));

DataCollectionView = view;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Serene (had 336 views)

Xceed Support

I am still not table to reproduce the error you are reporting. Can you send me a project that recreates it to support@xceedsoft.com (make it to my attention)

Also, what version of the grid are you using?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 4058 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.