Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Error sending file via AsyncFtpClient

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #20653 |

I’m seeing a strange result when sending a file. During the loop waiting for the Result.IsCompleted flag, it appear to break out early (IsCompleted is True, but the file is incomplete on the server). On the .EndSendFile call, an exception is raised. The message is:

An error occurred while reading from or writing to the data channel.

There is an inner exception as well, with the message:

I/O error occurred.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell if the I/O error is on the server or the client. The server is a local box that I have full control over, and the user that is logged in has all the rights they need. In each case, I am left with a partial file on the server, and no good explanation of why the FTP failed.

The file being transferred was just built (in another sub) using the Zip component’s QuickZip. I clear the server before each test run, so it’s not a collision with an existing file.

Any clues, or ideas on how to dig in a bit deeper?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Stephen (had 7442 views)

User (Old forums)

I am getting the same error and moreover it doesnt occur always, just occurs randomly. Any solution for this???

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by nitinjain26 (had 343 views)

User (Old forums)

They were never able to reproduce it, and gave up on trying to figure it out. There is currently no solution that I am aware of.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Stephen (had 420 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi Guys!

Can you try the <a href=”http://download2.xceedsoft.com/packages/1.0.5074.0/XceedComponents_Update_v_1_0_5074_0.exe”>latest update package</a> to see if it still causes the problem? A fix was made on the “SSL-enabled socket” that affected both secured and normal connections when sending a file.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 331 views)

User (Old forums)

I am sending a file via FtpClient.SendFile and continue to get the error: An error occurred while reading from or writing to the data channel. We had already applied the latest patch: Xceed.Ftp for .NET 2.0.5071.0. I can repro the error consistently.

Can you please provide an explanation as to the cause of the error.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by mark (had 327 views)

User (Old forums)

And the same is true for me – the code is simple – almost exactly the sample code & manual ftp xfers work. The file makes it 99% of the way done and then fails on what feels like the last packet.

Kirk

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kirk (had 429 views)

User (Old forums)

Anybody home?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by kirk (had 413 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Did you contact support and try to resolve this with them?

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 410 views)

User (Old forums)

i have the same probleme here, sometime IsComplete never come true, it hang at 100%

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by ICO (had 7420 views)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.