Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Chart for WinForms Error loading MSVCR80.dll from GraphicsGL.dll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #18970 |

I’m having the exact exception listed in the sticky post at the top of this forum.  My app won’t run on other systems because of the “missing” msvcr80.dll.  That sticky post suggests installing the runtime on the target system.  That didn’t help.  I get exactly the same error now.

Any other ideas?  This is the only thing preventing me from deploying my software to my client.  Can I just leave GraphicsGL out of my deployment if I promise not to use OpenGL rendering?  I’m only using 2D line charts.

Thanks for the help.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 1653 views)

User (Old forums)

Sure.  If you use only 2D charting, then you don’t need to include the GraphicsGL dll in your project’s references, so that you will not need to deploy it on the production machine.

However, it is still strange that installing the runtime did not solve the issue, even more so that you do not use 3D charting.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 301 views)

User (Old forums)

That did fix it.  Thank you so much.  You have so many different files related to charting I wasn’t quite sure what all needed to be referenced and what needed to be included in the install. As it stands I’m still including 8 chart dlls – that’s easier than going through the process of elimination to figure out which ones really aren’t needed.

I run into the same confusion when it comes to the grid control – it seems like installs fail on all different files so it ends up that I likely include things I really don’t have to just to make sure an install works.  Any chance you have a table that would tell me when I have to include and/or reference a specific file?

Thanks for the quick response. You’ve restored my faith in Xceed – I was having trouble believing that you gave up Xcopy deployment just to add OpenGL rendering, now that I know it’s optional it makes a lot more sense.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Steve (had 576 views)

User (Old forums)

We have a “Deploying” topic in the help documentation of each product, explaining the required dlls, and the optional dlls depending on the features required.

e.g. :

http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedChart/Methods_of_deployment.html

http://doc.xceedsoft.com/products/XceedGrid/Methods_of_deployment.html

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2246 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.