Home Forums .NET libraries Xceed SFTP/FTP for .NET Error getting VMS (Multinet) Directory Listing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #21244 |

I am having trouble listing the contents on a VMS ftp server.  Because it is a Multinet, it has the fileversion associated with the Filenames.

IE abcdef.txt;1

I am unable to list any of these files.  They continue to fail the VMS listingparsers??

Thanks,

Brian

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brad (had 1100 views)

User (Old forums)

Xceed doesn’t support VMS like they claim.  I had to write my own VMS parser to list the files.

The documentation you include with your product is a joke.

Thanks,

Brian

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Brad (had 362 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Seriously now… not all VMS FTP servers have the same output. That’s why we allow extensible parsers in the first place, in case your FTP server’s output can’t be parsed automatically or by one of our existing parsers.

That doesn’t make the documentation a joke. And even if it was, it would be great if you could be more specific.

Applies to Xceed FTP for .NET. Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 1463 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.