Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Error adding control to form in design mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #16196 |

Hi,

What is this error and how can this be resolved.This happens when i try to drap a gridcontrol component onto my form. However if i copy the control from someother form and paste works fine. Is there any fix for this available

Error as below

—————————
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    —————————
    Failed to create component ‘GridControl’.  The error message follows:

‘System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 2, position 59.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributeValueSlow(Int32 curPos, Char quoteChar, NodeData attr)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseAttributes()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElement()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.RealizeMoniker(String moniker)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.GeneratedAssemblyEntry.get_FileName()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.get_AssemblyName()

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.AssemblyEntry.Search(String fullName,…’
    —————————
    OK  
    —————————

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Credits (had 991 views)

User (Old forums)

We don’t have clear answers for this problem.  Make sure the controls referenced in the toolbox correspond to the right version ( it could be a mix up of assembly version).  You can actually remove all Xceed controls from the toolbox, then add them again, making sure you choose the latest version of the dlls.  Make sure the dlls found in the references of the Solution Explorer have the same version.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 502 views)

User (Old forums)

tried reseting toolbox ……seems either problem with vs2005 ide or something else. i have to build solution everytime i  load project with gridcontrol on it. ….i can copy control from some other form but not add new ….. from toolbox.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Credits (had 1198 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.