Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Encryption for ActiveX Error 80040154 on ASP.NET page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #42919 |

I am trying to use the Encryption library for an ASP.NET application I am developing, and it works perfectly on my development machine. However, when I began testing on the web server today, I received the following error message when the page tried to access the encryption routines:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A0A61B00-96A6-457F-AA5E-AFA5167852E5} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

The dll is in the bin directory of the application. My first thought was to register the dll, but regsvr32 informed me that it couldn’t find the DLLRegisterServer entry point, therefore it doesn’t need to be registered.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Robert (had 7336 views)

User (Old forums)

When you say “The dll is in the bin directory of the application”, are you talking about <b>both</b> the Xceed Encryption DLL named XCEEDCRY.DLL and the VS.NET-generated INTEROP.XCEEDENCRYPTIONLIB.DLL wrapper?

And you <b>do</b> need to register the first one.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Martin (had 797 views)

User (Old forums)

Gahh…. Thank you. I feel like an idiot now…but I think that would be the problem 🙂 I had xceedcry.dll registered on my dev machine for another project I was working on, but of course it never made it out to the production server. Thanks Martin!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Robert (had 4318 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.