Home Forums ActiveX components Xceed Encryption for ActiveX Error 0x80045004, The key size is invalid or uninitialized.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #42908 |

We use XceedZip.dll and XceedCry.dll. A handful of our users are getting this error on the “ProcessFile” function on the encryptor. The public key file is intact and looks valid. The same key is used by hundreds of other users and works fine. The encrypted file is created but is zero kb.

Anyone out there run into this? I’ve heard that it may be related to performance monitors.

Here’s the esseance of our code:

Set xRSA = New XceedRSAEncryptionMethod

‘… read the key file from a txt file, convert to bin and put in vaPublicKey

xRSA.PublicKey = vaPublicKey
    Set xEncryptor.EncryptionMethod = xRSA

Call xEncryptor.ProcessFile(strSource, 0, 0, efpEncrypt, True, strDest, False, vaDecryptedText)

See anything wrong?

Help!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by thefritz_j (had 9915 views)

User (Old forums)

The problem here was that the following registry key values are assumed to exist:

“Last Counter” and/or “Last Help” from:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib

After these kids were created manually in regedit (using maximum values found in the 009 subkey), then the encryption works.

Additionally users need at least read-only access. Including terminal, remote and citrix users.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by thefritz_j (had 629 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,

We are bugged by the same problem from a customer. I will appreciate if you can give the exact steps for this:

>>”Last Counter” and/or “Last Help” from:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib
    After these kids were created manually in regedit (using maximum values found in the 009 subkey), then the encryption works. <<

Actually, when I tried to reproduce the problems on our machines, I can’t even if the keys you said are absent. If we can reproduce the problem and can see that the fix works, it would be great. Any clues on that?

Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sanjayk (had 393 views)

User (Old forums)

Never mind. I figured it out. Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sanjayk (had 453 views)

User (Old forums)

Hello.
    I got this problem, too. Whats the solution for this?

Thank you very much!!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by communi (had 530 views)

User (Old forums)

It is exactly as described in an earlier message by another user. The system on which this problem happens might be missing keys LastHelp or LastCounter in performance counters registry area. Ask the customer for a registry dump and find this out. Or, there may be a permissions problem.

IMPORTANT: This problem also comes if there is a licensing problem. I have had this many times on my system. Somehow the components are not installed properly and then this problem starts coming even if your license key is perfectly ok. I would like to know more from Xceed support on this. May be you are getting this problem if it is on your own system.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sanjayk (had 473 views)

User (Old forums)

Yes, it’s my own machine and I checked the registry keys before I post this. They are all ok. In connection with licensing problems I know this problem on some customer machines but on my machine all other applications with encryption library works great, including the sample applications. But if I modify a sample application to encrypt a file with RSA and asymmetric encryption – exactly this problem appears! I think there is an another problem in connection with the RSAEncryptionMethod on files – on memory-to-memory encryption all works fine.
    Maybe the support can bring a little bit light into the dark????Hello, support?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by communi (had 553 views)

User (Old forums)

Please, these issues may vary from customer to customer. I will gladly offer my full support if you can send me your details at matt@xceedsoft.com. I am convinced that we will be able to find a solution.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 476 views)

User (Old forums)

Unfortunatly for us, this message is way too vague. We also got this error message when incorrect values were loaded into the RSA keys. So far that’s four causes: 1) Missing Registry entires, 2) No permissions to Registry entires, 3) invalid RSA key values, 4) licensing problems, more?

cummuni,

You didn’t mention anything about checking the permissions on the keys. How do they look for your NT user? etc, also if you’re doing ASP development you’ll need to make sure the ASP account has access too!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by thefritz_j (had 836 views)

User (Old forums)

No, this is a very simple VB6 application, only to encrypt an hard-coded file with an existing pupkey. I’m logged in as admin on my machine, the registry keys you described are all ok, including permissions, the pubkey is valid (works on other applications) and the licensing is correctly. The application imports the selected key but doesn’t accept it.
    I’m in correspondence with support, hope we can solve this problem and I post the result of this.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by communi (had 462 views)

User (Old forums)

For those who are interested, this problem seems to be solved in the latest DLL built in January, 06 (1.1.6059.0). Just replacing the DLL also works.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by sanjayk (had 8620 views)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.