Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF End User Filtering

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    #21594 |

Hi all, just viewed the WPF demo. Very impressive look and feel.

Noticed there seems to be no mention of end user filtering features. We are currently evaluating Exceed and a key requirement is out-of-the-box end user filtering. Are the current Exceed .NET Grid filtering features also available in the current version of Exceed WPF? If not, is there plans in place to add them? Or perhaps improvements?

Keep up the good work.

Russ

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Russ (had 7011 views)

Xceed Support

Filtering is already present “out-of-the-box”.

There are different ways to achieve filtering on the DataGridControl.

The “normal” way is to set the DataGridControl.Items.Filter property to a predicate delegate that will perform the filtering (refer to the System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.Filter documentation for the “How-To”).

Before setting the Filter property, you should ensure that the CanFilter property is “True”.

If the CanFilter property is “False”, setting the Filter property could throw an exception.

If the CanFilter is false, it is possible that the collection which is set on the DataGridControl.ItemsSource property supports some kind of custom filtering.

As examples, I can refer to the DataView.RowFilter (when bound to a DataTable) property and the BindingListCollectionView.CustomFilter property.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marcus [Xceed] (had 857 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

Hi Russ,

If Marcus didn’t hit it on the nose, would you please describe, in a bit more detail, what you want to see built?

(Are you asking for, say, a “Filter row” (or Filter card) object that you would place somewhere in the grid (say, as the first row / element) and that users can quickly select, say, from combo-boxes, which field values that rows/cards have to contain in order to be shown?)

A lot of improvements and new versions will be made to this product, and we’ll be getting the ideas and options straight from these forums. We’re already starting on the next items, so now is a great time to chime in.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 404 views)

User (Old forums)

Hi,
    Just wanted to know if support for filtering is in the works for a future release. I am looking for a ‘Filter row’ as first row in the grid(as mentioned by Odi).

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by MP (had 913 views)

User (Old forums)

FilterRow is on our list of features to do, but I’m afraid it won’t make it into the next update. I added your vote for this feature!

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pascal (had 413 views)

User (Old forums)

I vote for this feature. From the description I assume that it is similar to or the same as the filtering available in Excel, where you can specify the filter expression in a combo box in the column header. Thanks.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marty (had 822 views)

User (Old forums)

We’ve added a excel like filtering, it is included in version 1.3 which you can obtain <a href=”http://download3.xceedsoft.com/Packages/3.2.7559.11410/XceedComponents.exe”>here</a&gt;

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Matt (had 575 views)

User (Old forums)

Cool!
    Is there a way to save the state of a filtered grid and to then re-apply the filters to regain that state?
    Thanks.

Marty

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Marty (had 808 views)

Xceed Support

Unfortunately not.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jenny [Xceed] (had 498 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

…We’ll take that comment as another request for the “Saving and loading the grid’s state” feature, which is already on our list.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 8111 views)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.