Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Enable filtering in Xceed grid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #16925 |

Hi,

I am new user of Xceed controls. I am using Xceed grid for windows form. I am binding data to the grid at run time. can somebody tell me how to enable filtering in grid. Example will help a lot.

please treat this urgent.

Regards,
    Prabi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by prabodh (had 2309 views)

User (Old forums)

The grid does not offer a filtering feature.  You can either filter the source itself (e.g using a DataView), or you can implement your own filtering, if you want the user to be able to dynamically change the filtering.  You can look at “Extensibility” sample to see one way of implementing filtering in the gird.

Start Menu -> All Programs -> Xceed Components -> Our components in action! -> Xceed Grid Live Explorer

You will find the code here :

C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed Grid for .NET <version>\Samples\CSharp\Extensibility

Under Vista, it will be here :

C:\Xceed Component Samples\Xceed Grid for .NET <version>\Samples\CSharp\Extensibility

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2067 views)

User (Old forums)

Can I expect Filtering will be available by default just as a property to set in Xceed grid’s future versions?

Its there in WPF version then why not in  windows?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by prabodh (had 244 views)

User (Old forums)

[quote user=”prabodh”]

Can I expect Filtering will be available by default just as a property to set in Xceed grid’s future versions?

[/quote]

No, it is not a featrue that we plan to develop at this point. 

[quote user=”prabodh”]

Its there in WPF version then why not in  windows?

[/quote]

These are two different products, with a different development team, and a different development path, so they do not evolve the same way.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2596 views)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.