Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #16035 |

Hi, I’m editing a cell and using:  AddHandler xg.Columns(0).CellEditorManager.QueryInputKey, AddressOf test – event to check each character. 
    However, I also want to get the whole value of the edited cell. eg. I may have got “s” as the last charater, but the cell may be “tes”, how can I get this whole edited value. When I use xg.currentcell.value, I just get the former value.

vb.net please.

Thanks in advance.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by troy@querytool.com (had 1043 views)

Xceed Support

In the QueryInputKey event, you can cast the e.Control parameter as the CellEditor and get the actual value with it.

Private Sub CellEditorManager_QueryInputKey(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As QueryEditorInputKeyEventArgs)

‘DirectCast(e.Control, WinTextBox).TextBoxArea.Text

End Sub

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by CharlesB (had 433 views)

User (Old forums)

The problem is that DirectCast(e.Control, WinTextBox).TextBoxArea.Text will only give me the previous value in the cell.
    So if the cell value is “1” and I add “2”, when the event is raised, the  DirectCast(e.Control, WinTextBox).TextBoxArea.Text will return “1”.
    I thought about concatinating the value of the textbox: “1” when the new key that has been selected: “2”, but what happen if the value is “1234” and I select that value and clear it by replacing it with “1” then I would have “12341” and I would only what “1” returned from DirectCast(e.Control, WinTextBox).TextBoxArea.Text.

Do you see my problem?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by troy@querytool.com (had 1506 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.