Home Forums WPF controls Xceed DataGrid for WPF Does "Xceed DataGrid for WPF" have grid in a grid feature?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #22609 |

I have seen your sample code in this folder, but this is only for “Xceed Grid for .NET 3.5”

C:\Program Files\Xceed Components\Xceed Grid for .NET 3.5\Samples\Visual Basic .NET\StandardPrinting

In WPF have this feature?

Thanks… 🙂

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pongsak (had 3438 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

It is in the works, though which release it will be in (the next one is coming soon) I cannot say at the moment. But it isn’t too far off.

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 277 views)

Odi [Xceed]
    Spectator

I just re-read the thread and realized I’m not sure which of the following two features you are talking about:

1) Standard printing capabilities

or

2) Grid-in-a-grid: Master-detail support.

Which one were you asking about? I answered concerning printing. The answer for Master-detail is almost the same, except that one will take more time to see the light of day.

Odi

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Odi [Xceed] (had 339 views)

User (Old forums)

2) Grid-in-a-grid: Master-detail support.

I mean this feature…

Thank you for your help 🙂

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Pongsak (had 379 views)

User (Old forums)

Can you provide a little more insight to the release timeframe of the master/detail feature (Q2, Q3, etc.).

I am interested in being able to bind to hierarchical data (not grouping) and build essentially a tree-grid, or TRID as I like to call it. My evaluation of the Exceed Datagrid when it was first released only allowed this type of display through “grouping” which required me to generate an object collection that was essentially “flat” so that grouping could be enabled. This is too much data manipulation when your dealing with collections that already contain collections or just pure XML.

Master detail feature or hierarchical support (binding to XML or complex collections) would be an excellent feature to have.

If you can share a time frame I would be very interested,
    Tim

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Tim (had 4656 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.