Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Docking Window Problems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #18136 |

I have a Main form that contains 2 User controls forms, and another form within it. The first user control form is a list of items that is to be docked on the left side of the Main form with a width of 100. The second user control is to be docked at the bottom of the main form with its left beginning at the right of the 1st user control so that the 1st user control goes the entire height of main form. The last form fills up the rest of the space left over by the two user controls.

The problem i am having is the form fills in the space behind the user control at the bottom of the screen. So if i have a grid on this form some of the grid will be hidden by the user control on the bottom of the Main form. It does what its supposed to with the user control on the left side of the Main form. I only want the form to fill in all the Main form is if i choose to hide the user control(s). I basically need the two user controls to be part of the main form so nothing can be shown behind them unless they are hidden, if they are then i need the form to resize itself.

This is how im adding each user control. mUcAgenda is the user control. I do the same for the other user control. Am i missing something for the user controls?

// Left side of Form
    Forms.MainForm.DockLayoutManager.ToolWindows.Add(mUCAgenda)
    Forms.MainForm.DockLayoutManager.ToolWindows(“ucAgenda”).DockTo(DockTargetHost.ClientHost, DockPosition.Left)

// Bottom of Form
    Forms.MainForm.DockLayoutManager.ToolWindows.Add(mUCDecision)
    Forms.MainForm.DockLayoutManager.ToolWindows(“ucDecision”).DockTo(DockTargetHost.ClientHost, DockPosition.Bottom)

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by jspence3 (had 2423 views)

User (Old forums)

You need to set the 3rd form as the ClientHost on the DockLayoutManager.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 2990 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.