Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Docking ToolWindow — Capture click of "Hide" button

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    #18323 |

I have an MDI application. Within each MDIChild form, I have three ToolWindows which can be docked/hidden/floating. If any ToolWindows are floating, I need to hide them when the user puts focus on one of the other MDIChild windows. This will help avoid confusion for the user. The problem is that I need to know when the user has “closed” a ToolWindow by clicking on the “Hide” glyph. I realize that it’s not really closed, and that it’s just hidden. But I need to be able to distinguish between:

– the ToolWindow being invisible because focus is on another MDIChild

– the ToolWindow being invisible because the user clicked the “Hide” glyph

Basically, I just need to be able to trap the closing of a ToolWindow. The “Visible_Changed” event doesn’t work right, as this gets fired off even when changing the state from Docked to Floating.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Jeff (had 3296 views)

User (Old forums)

I have a similar question which may be related.

I want to force an AutoHide ToolWindow to “close” even though it has focus. Activating another ToolWindow doesn’t seem to work; only by moving the mouse out of the ToolWindow will it automatically collapse. Is there a way to fire off this collapse?

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Richard (had 281 views)

User (Old forums)

JRush : Version 2.0 will offer a ToolWindowVisibleChanged event, which will permit you to do what you want. It should be out by the end of summer, if everything goes as expected.

furaxvz : It is not possible to programmatically hide an AutoHide ToolWindow.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3981 views)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.