Home Forums WinForms controls Other WinForms controls Dock Host Gets null Automatically

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #18555 |

Sir,

I m using visual studio 2008 . and using visual Source safe with xceed docking windows. Using my project without connecting to visual source

genarates “DockHost cannot be null”. The dockHost gets null automatically. Is there any conflict of Xceed docking window with Source Safe.The

dockhost property get read only and null. Why this property gets read only. So we cant change it. Is was working fine when project was conneted to

source safe. and now when we are using our project without connecting to source safe in disconnted mode. this errors generates. can anybody help me out in this serious matter.

thanks

Abdul Rashid

Software Developer

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rashid (had 3601 views)

User (Old forums)

We would be surprise it is a compatibility issue with Source Safe.  In fact, we have used Source Safe several years without problems.

It looks more like a problem of design-time assembly not loading properly.  We would need more details to be able to help further.

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1977 views)

User (Old forums)

Well I am really stucked with this problem. May be you are right sir that it will be design time error. but i am sure that this matter is connected with source safe .i have tried to delete the docklayoutManager and tried to add new one and i was thinking may be it works. but when i tried to add new docklayoutManager then i received the following error. Failed to Create component ‘DockLayoutManager’.The error message follows:

‘Sytem.Runtime.InteropSErvices.COMException(0x8004D745):A Refrence to the component ‘Xceed.DockingWindows’ already exists in the Project. at VSlanProj.Refernces.Add(String bstrpsPath) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.PerformReferenceUpdate(List’1 newReferences) AT Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSTypeResolutionService.System.ComponentModel.Design.ITypeResolutionService.Ref at Microsoft.VisualStudioi.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.AggregateTypeResolutionService.ReferenceAssembly(AssemblyName name) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.GetType(IDesignerHost host,AssemblyName assemblyName,String TypeName,Boolean reference) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host,IDictionary defaultValues) at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host,Idictionary defaultValues) at System.Windo..’

Please Help me out sir

Thanks

Abdul Rashid Software Developer

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rashid (had 1976 views)

User (Old forums)

There are many test you can make to try to pinpoint the issue.

Does the issue disappear when you reconnect to SS?  Do you have the issue if you create a new project not managed by SS?  Do you get the issue if you create the a new project managed by SS which you then disconnect?  Do you get the issue on only one machine or on other machine as well?  Etc…

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 1964 views)

User (Old forums)

dear sir, Thanks for your kind assistance. Actually you were right . The actuall problem was not with VSS. There was dll conflict thats why

the docklayout manager property (Dock Host) gets null. I have resolved the issue and now its working fine.

Abdul Rashid

Software Developer

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by Rashid (had 4267 views)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.