Home Forums WinForms controls Xceed Grid for WinForms Display cell value that contains a ComboBox

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #15912 |

There is probably a very simple answer to this problem. I have a column that only has two possible values (Yes/No for example). It was read-only, but I want to make it modifiable. To do so, I added the ComboBoxEditor and ComboBoxViewer to the column, and added ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ to the Items Collection in the ComboBoxEditor. However, when I run it, the Cells do not display the Yes or No value. I can only see the value when I click on the cell and invoke the Drop Down. Which callback do I need to implement to display the cell’s value?

Thanks,

John

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by John (had 1951 views)

User (Old forums)

There are more than one way to do this, and it may be different if you are bound or not.

Basically, you don’t need to use a ComboBoxViewer in this case, since it is a simple string that is displayed when the cell is not in edition. You can do something like the following, and it should work :

comboBox = new WinComboBox();
    comboBox.Items.Add( “Yes” );
    comboBox.Items.Add( “No” );

gridControl1.Columns[ “YesNoCol” ].CellEditorManager = new ComboBoxEditor( comboBox );

Imported from legacy forums. Posted by André (had 3346 views)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.